- Skoda India has launched the next generation Superb sedan at Rs. 22.68 lac (ex-showroom Mumbai). The new Superb is already running in the European markets and now its time for the Indian car enthusiasts to put their hands over the new luxury loaded car. The new version incorporates several aesthetic changes with refreshed outer profile and an array of premium features inside the cabin. The new Superb has already got 5-star rating in Euro NCAP, keeping intact the brand's safety values and commitments intact. In terms of powertrains, it gets 1.8 litre petrol and 2.0 litre diesel engines, mated to 6-speed manual or DSG automatic, depending upon the variant.
- The petrol variants are equipped with a 1798cc TSI engine that has conventional direct injection fuel supply system. Its manual versions have the ability to produce a mileage of 13.1 Kmpl, which goes up to a maximum of 13.7 Kmpl in its automatic versions, which is rather good for this class. On the other hand, its diesel variants have been equipped with a 1968cc engine that has hi-pressure direct injection system. This engine can deliver a minimum of around 14 Kmpl on city roads while delivering a peak mileage of 17.2 Kmpl on highways, which is rather for this segment.
- Its 1.8-litre TSI mill has a liquid cooling system and is incorporated with a turbocharger. It has the ability of producing a maximum power of 157.8bhp in the range of 4500 to 6200rpm in combination with a commanding torque output of 250Nm between 1500 to 4500rpm. On the other hand, its diesel variants have been equipped with a powerful 2.0-litre motor that has a turbocharger along with self aligning blades. It enables the motor to develop a maximum power of 138bhp at 4200rpm that results in a peak torque output of 320Nm between 1750 to 2500rpm, which is quite impressive for Indian road and traffic conditions.
- With the helps of a six speed DSG automatic transmission gearbox, it allows the vehicle to reach a top speed of approximately 205 Kmph that is quite thrilling for the passengers sitting inside. At the same time, it will break the 100 Kmph speed mark from a standstill in close to 11.33 seconds. On the other hand, its petrol variants with a 6-speed fully synchronized manual transmission gearbox can attain a top speed in the range of 200 to 210 Kmph. At the same time, its top end variant is available with 7-speed DSG automatic transmission gearbox, which has the ability to achieve a top speed of approximately 200 Kmph, which is quite good. At the same time, it takes only about 9.10 seconds to reach a 100 kmph speed barrier from a standstill.
- This model series gets several sophisticated safety aspects, which ensures unparalleled protection to the vehicle and its passengers as well. This refurbished version gets eight airbags including side airbags for front and rear along with curtain airbags, which safeguards the occupants in case of an accident. At the same time, it has park distance control including sensors along with a Parktronic display on central infotainment system. In addition to these, it has automatic dimming of interior mirror, whereas the external wing mirrors have a defogger and timer. Then there are seat belt pre-tensioners for front and rear, rear windscreen defogger with timer, active front head restraints, driver's seat belt warning light and height adjustable three point front seat belt. It has height adjustable head restraints, under body protection cover, rough road package and emergency triangle in luggage compartment. The car maker is also offering features like door open indicator, pedestrian protection system, fuel supply cut-off in a crash, side door protective strips and high level third brake light. Apart from all these, it has security features like remote control operation for closing and opening of windows including door mirrors.
- Furthermore, it has anti-theft alarm with motion and tilt sensors, engine immobilizer with floating code and security code for infotainment system. In addition to these, its top end variant also has remote control operation for electric sunroof, KESSY (keyless entry, start and exit system), with engine start/stop button, electronic stability control, electronic differential lock, LED daytime running lights and bi-xenon headlamps with dynamic leveling.